Thursday, April 25, 2013

To Be in Love With Every Minute of My Life.

Of course there are perks to working over 40 hours a week. I mean, the obvious, money. But even if you're bringing in the big bucks, there always feels like something is missing. Well at least for me anyway. This past month has been pretty difficult on me. Both mentally and physically. I've gone over what my schedule is like in my last post, so I wont repeat myself. All I know is I had a total of like, two days off in the month of April. When I got off a long work week this Sunday, I knew something had to change.

I know deep down in my heart that God created me with an extremely giving heart. I've volunteered at a couple three different groups in a week period since I was 15. I've never even given a second thought to me working so hard with no return. But when I got so busy that I felt like I was sacrificing my precious free time instead of giving my free time, I knew it wasn't right.

I have really been feeling like I give so much without a second thought, but receive so little in return. In fact, I was pretty upset. I guess I wonder when its gonna give? But of course, my sister steps in with her words of wisdom. I'm not going to go in depth to what she said. But in a nutshell, she told me that God will honor my giving heart. And people around me will notice my labor and that just when they think that I do all this work for nothing, God will reward me in such a great way that even I won't believe it.

This really came as a surprise. I'm not gonna lie, I really haven't been on a godly path. Not that I've gone down a wrong road. I just haven't been giving my attention to Him and his purpose for me. For probably some stupid reason, my selfishness always has had a tendency to get in the way. It kinda brought me back to my senses and redirected my focus. Like this wasn't enough...

Later when I was at work (at the vet clinic), a coworker who is the one we all turn to when a customer gets an attitude with us, and needs to be "put back in their place"... Came to me and told me that at a recent Casting Crowns concert, that she rededicated her life to the Lord and that she wanted me to help keep her accountable and to pray for her.          Um... WHAT?!      This was the last thing I was expecting to come out of her mouth. I mean, for real. This woman can get NASTY when she wants to. But even in this two day period, I can see how happy she is. She is just glowing. I'm happy to call her a friend, and I pray that we would each keep an eye on each other and take off on a great adventure with the Lord.

So whats my game plan? Well for starters..

  • Take time off. There are other people that can work too.. 
  • SLEEP. Skip the late night Pinterest binges..
  • Feed myself right.
  • Pray over extra jobs and find out whether I'm supposed to be working there. Quit if necessary.
  • Have a social life. See my friends! Get out in the community.
  • Pursue interests! ie. Photography, camping, shooting, swimming, running etc. 


Heres to the adventures I'm bound to have in the near future...

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. Time will pass anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment