Tuesday, October 19, 2010

"If you were normal, there wouldn't be a day named after you." -Veggie Tales

Went over to Katrina's this morning and helped feed. Then helped work with Georiga. Georiga is the sorrel horse she rescued a couple of months ago. See the post Here. She did great. We ground drove her, and she has an amazing jog. She's going to make a great lesson horse. Also her coat is amazing! All her nasty scabby patches are gone. I'll take a picture of her next time I'm over there.
After that, I worked with Eleanor. She did okay.. I was working on leading. This was kinda tough, she was just testing me. You know, the whole "But I can't leave mooommm!" well, she really didn't give a rip about mom. She just wanted to be a snot. So after about 15 minutes of me trying to get her to walk forward, Katrina came over and just held a whip about 15 feet behind her, basically re-enforcing my cues. So I am online looking up some training exercises, just so I can go down the list and pick something I think she is ready for. But maaan, I have a loooong way to go. So I'll try to keep this updated about how she's doing! 
I'm going to try to take Big Boy to the park this week, but I'm going to have to get the trailer up and running in the meantime. But, I should probably get off of here and get something done! So will post later.

No comments:

Post a Comment