Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pink

So yesterday... This awesomely, fantabulistic, amazingly cool, PINK newspaper was by our mailbox :) I mean, no, i'm not pink obsessed or anything. But this ROCKS! 

This ^^^ is sad :( I accidentally left it in my truck, in the sun, while I was in the library. In case it is un recognizable.. It's a kit-kat . Well, it was.

So this morning I went to Katrinas and worked with little miss thaanng. (Eleanor). We got her leading around the pen. Then we took her away from her little love herd, into the round pen. There we started to teach her to ground drive! We started with me leading her like normal, with katrina behind her wiggling the whip so she would get used to sounds and such. Then gradually I moved back to her shoulder, then to her hip, until we were baiscally lunging her at a walk, from her hip! Now, for a horse that has hardly been handled.. This was a huge deal!

Next we worked on.. standing on one side, swinging the rope over her neck and have it so it would loop around her hocks, then step back so she would have to swing around and face me. 

Then Katrina worked with her feet. Eleanor has issues balancing on three feet. So when you go to pick one up. She just puts all her 500 pounds into that one foot.
Well, that was quite a bit!

Also, we worked with Georgia some more. I got to ground drive her again, which was much easier now that I kinda have some sort of idea what I should be doing! Then after some other stuff, Katrina threw me up on her bareback and she led me around. Then Gave me the two lead ropes so I could steer, and she walked beside us. Basically we went from ground driving to riding. Which worked really well.. Surprisingly!

Well, now that I filled this post with nothing a normal person would be interested in.. I'm off! TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment