Monday, January 3, 2011

Gonna do it...

So, it's settled.. I'm going to run in the Komen Race for the Cure in April. And that gives me plenty of time to get fit and get fast! A few years ago, I mean it was quite awhile ago,we did the Race for the Cure. And it was fun! Of course, we just walked. I included a picture from back then, and I am sorry to say that yes, that is me on the far left... Ugh, thankfully I grew out of that! Wow, *cringe*


So anyhoo, I'm going for it! I bought some new Nikes a few days ago, and they're awesome! The new Nike+ 's are pretty handy too. It's really easy to sync my iPod, and have all of my work out information on the Nike website. I'm also signed up for a 12 week 5K plan. So I am sure I will be keeping my loyal readers up to date on that. Tomorrow is a 2 mile run (yikes!) that would be the longest I have run ever! My goal is to run one mile non stop, do one lap walking, then do the next mile. And more importantly, take my time. I don't have to speed, and then feel like I'm going to die. So right now, I'm contemplating signing up for multiple races, maybe once a month until it gets crazy hot.. Or wait and see if I enjoy the RTC. Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment