Monday, April 12, 2010

Big Boy Blog Post (Say that three times fast)


Well today I had this awesome ride with Big Boy. Like the kind that makes you pause and ask "Whats the matter with you?". Seriously, from the begining he was great! I drove my truck down to the field and carried my saddle in between the electric fence, and here he comes, neighing and doing his retarded floppy trot. I put on his bridle and saddle and he's fine.


So I started riding him around our 10 acre fenced in pasture, and he just sauntered around. Our German Shepherd was at the far end getting into some sort of trouble, and he didn't spook, run, or be just plain stupid.

I decided to totally take advantage of this, and took him out to the un-fenced hay field (About 15 acres). He walked through that field like he had been through it a hundred times before! Just plowing through, not trying to canter, not neighing in hopes of his friends reply. He was great!

This is really awesome because I hope to take him the the BC state park this summer, which will be a lot of fun if he behaves like he did today!

I decided to take Abby for a ride tonight when it is cooler. I know she's tough, but no point pressing out luck...

So now, if you're waiting for some super exciting news... Here it is!!!! Katrina recently bought and black, cutting horse, mare. Yeah, so I rode her last night, and again this morning. And it was soooo fun! We didn't do any like freakishly fast spins or anything, but she has this awesome slow trot and canter. She is starting to become a real sweetie. So my job now, is to learn how to use spurs :D

This year in 4-H I am showing Katrinas horse Shelby, born in 2003, she is a bay QH, who looks like she will excel in english. But she has also been bred for reining also. So I am TOTALLY ready to kick butt in 4-H.

So now all I need is some english boots... hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment