Thursday, April 15, 2010

Big. Green. Ball.

Hello deweds :D

Today has been busy as usual. (Summer is ALWAYS like this)So, if anything, I will be totally fit by the end of all this.

I went over to Katrina's this morning (My trainer), I helped clean stalls, which is actually a good thing because it is stall cleaning in exchange for lessons. She was telling me how she is going to a class next week for equine massage and dog massage therapy. So when she goes to ARHA World show, she can be certified and make money at the show! (Seems like a good deal to me!)

Oprah has a very mysterious uh... illness? Abrasion? We don't know. But it looked like when a horse licks itself, and leaves a wet mark, only there was this not puss, but this amber colored sticky liquid coming out of it. it was on the neck, right in front of the withers. WEIRD. Will have to investigate more :D

Well, lets go back to some good news. Today is the first 4-H outdoor meeting. I gave Big Boy a bath and swore to myself that I will never get another paint horse again! The white is a pain in the butt. But he was super good while I was washing him. He just stood there while I was scrubbing his tail and back legs, I just hung the lead over his back, and he didn't move! This sort of thing makes me feel really proud :D When you train a horse from the begining, it really makes your day when he proves that you did a good job.

So anyway, He got a bath (Whereas I look like I just rolled in the muck pile or something) I washed the trailer up some, and clean up the tack a little bit. Tonight I am supposed to do a "Demonstration" of the circling game, Parelli style. Which is really exciting, except I am starting to get nervous, which stinks because he always picks up on that. urg. CALM DOWN SARAH. I worked with him earlier trying to think what I should say... didn't work. We'll just see what happens I guess...

I told Shiela about my "Big Green Parelli Ball" and she was excited about that. So I just hope someone remembers to bring a pump to blow it up with!

Well I think that is it, I was trying to figure out something else to write, so I can keep busy, and stop being nervous! Totally nothing though.

Adios :D

-Hoosierhorsegrl

No comments:

Post a Comment