Friday, April 23, 2010

Pan-head

So in the midst of well, everything. I have found yet another band I REALLY like. And it is the band Skillet. Yes, named after a frying pan.



Not only for it's Rock/Christian Genre, but it has a girl drummer! Yes, the blond chick is a drummer. So stop what you are doing RIGHT NOW, go to youtube and look up Skillet. 'Hero', 'Monster', or even 'The older I get'.

Talk about a different kind of group they can reach! A HUGE group. They can reach people that say Casting Crowns, or other less rocky, hard core groups can't reach. I am in awe! I just love it! A refreshing change from the sound alike singers we have today. You can totally tell what kind of place I am in in life... I mean this is the kind of music I am loving!

-Skillet :D
-Hawk Nelson
-Toby Mac
-Third Day
-Jeremy Camp
-Fireflight
-Stellar Kart

Yeah, see what I mean. If you have time, look some of these up.

Music is the greatest ministry for me. I really relate to it. I mean, I don't really write all that well, I don't talk to people about my problems, but I sure can crank up my ipod and jump around like a crazy person to get my anger out. Or even just show how I feel. Sometimes if I don't even KNOW how I feel, I listen to my ipod and if a certain song really strikes me, it helps me understand myself. Wow. If I can't even understand myself, how can other people?!

I really think the youth of today is moving in an intense direction. No more straddling the fence, they have picked they're side, and they are going full force. All I can say, is it's about time. And to 'Count me in' as the band Leeland would say.

Another thing before I wrap this up... About the lead singer wearing eyeliner, or the lead singer from Fireflight having crazy color hair, or the Hawk Nelson dudes having Mohawks, Who cares? It is self expression. On those days when I feel strangely intense, I totally reach for the black eyeliner! Honestly, I hate it when people frown at a CD cover because the people in it look different, or express different. I really think it is a artist/musician thing. Writers express themselves in their books, whereas architects with their creations. Same with God! He expressed his power, beauty, and love through the creation of the world. (And surrounding)So if the dude wants to wear more eyeliner than the girls in the band. Go for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment