Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Will you be my groom?"

HOLA!

Yesterday was pretty amazing. Well, rather minor comparing some of the stuff that has been happening lately. BUT Katrina loaned me an English saddle to clean, and practice in, also the girth, saddle pad, and a filthy bridle that will be taking up a lot of my time cleaning.


So yesterday I tacked Big Boy up, and he looked darling! I will take a picture when I go down again this afternoon. He looked very cute, and seemed to actually like it. It probably isin't as restricting as a Western saddle. So I trotted him around practing posting, and I rode him up to the house to show mom, and he didin't even neigh for his buddies. A budding English horse????

Yesterday, I took Phoebe to Dr. B's to get her shots for 4-H this year. It was terrible! I was soooo glad I wasn't her! He had to give her a shot in her nose, AND draw blood to test for something... It is a good thing I have a tough stomach. So next Wednesday is the first Dog mtg, so Phoebe is gonna whup them all!

Tomorrow is the first BOYH meeting (Bring your own horse) it is supposed to be groundwork which the Boy rocks at! Also, this weird perfect-horse act is still going on, and I haven't quite figured it out. But tomorrow he is going to get a bath, so I am sure his true feelings will come to show themselves :D

The farrier was here this morning, and said everybody looked good, and that Big Boy wouldn't need shoes if we start riding at BC state park. YAY! That takes like 80 bucks a trip, if he had needed them.

So today, I am off to clean Big boys stall (So when I give him a bath tomorrow, he wont go roll in the mud), find the ball for the hitch (SOMEONE LOST IT!!! grrrr) And ride the boy. AND all the other stuff mom has added to my list. So, I will probably write some more later.

Ooohhh, btw... The whole "Will you be my groom" thing, is a private joke, that I figured I would add. And I would TOTALLY explain it, but who knows who reads this blog.........

No comments:

Post a Comment