Monday, November 15, 2010

Eleanor and the love bug

This is the farm dog of the day! This is Josie, an Australian Shepherd who lives at Katrinas. :) She's a pretty active dog as you can imagine...
Katrina threw her back out last night, so I went over and fed for her, and worked with Eleanor for a bit. Katrina has this awesome little battery powered massage-er. It looks like a lady bug, well, a kinda funny looking one.. So I used it as a simulation of clippers! She did alright, as usual, but didn't like it on her legs. But I have time to work on that..

Today at work, I worked Laureen on the ground. She was sorta crazy.. Like, on a circle when she would go on towards the barn, she would just keep going, and going. So I had to do some sort of power stance so she wouldn't pull me over! She leaped in the air, and galloped and bucked, and acted stupid. So I probably had her going in the circle for a good 10-15 minutes when she finally slowed to a trot, then I side passed her down the fence, backed her across the pasture (basically flipping out). Then I had her go on a circle again, she actually walked! She looked like a sane, friendly, calm, pony! YAY! Mission Accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment