Monday, November 8, 2010

Eleanor the smarty pony

Woohoo Eleanor is a brilliant little mare. I worked on (Yes, lists help me think things through..)

  1. Friendly game
  2. Porcupine (Backing, zone 2, zone 4)
  3. Driving (zone 1, zone 2, zone 4)
  4. Leading
  5. Walking over a white feed sack thingy, and tying it to the end of the stick and waving it around.
She was totally okay with it! It was amazing... Tomorrow we're going to play with a saddle, some other random toys and probably some yo-yo game and some driving to stuff.

Jo was super nice today and gave me a parelli puzzles book. So I will now be completely entertained!

Well I suppose my goals for her by the end of next year is:
  • At least level 2, if not into three on the ground.
  • Take to a Parelli clinic (Level 3?)
  • Level 1 riding?
That's all I can think of right now. All I know is that this is my chance to test my knowledge. And to have a semi SANE horse to do it on! I swear Big Boy is ADD, ADHD, and Bipolar all in one...

No comments:

Post a Comment