Sunday, November 14, 2010

The weirdest feeling-

So after a full day of work, I went to Nashville to get some dinner. Parked in the Subway parking lot, locked the truck and walked to the door, and realised that I left my keys in the truck. Crap. So I reach for my phone to call mom, and realise that I left it in there. I did, though, have my credit card. So I walked over the the high school because I knew the family was watching a play over there, but the play was already over! So I saw the janitor out dumping something in the dumpster, and asked to borrow her phone. Got an answering machine, so I walked back towards Soup to nuts where I knew they were going to be eating dinner. Well, it was closed, so I tromped back to Subway, (Dad driving past me along the way. determined to at least get my yummy sandwich. And what do ya know... I knew the girl working at the counter! So I asked to borrow her phone, and finally got ahold of mom. They FINALLY came to my aid.

Well, the weird feeling was.. How alone I felt. I mean, couldn't call anyone, didn't know anyone around, obviously didn't have a way of transportation. It was weird! So. Lesson learned. Keep a spare key somewhere outside of your car. And always take your phone in everywhere with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment